A unique, 500 seater theatre for the entire community, by the community
Art Theatre, Jodrell Street, New Mills, HIGH PEAK, Derbyshire, SK22 3HJ 01663 743461 firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of New Mills Art Theatre Limited is to be a volunteer-based organisation promoting quality community theatre experiences for the people of New Mills and High Peak District by providing educational opportunities and entertainment in the theatrical arts.
The Art Theatre strives to:
- Remain a volunteer based organisation representative of all segments of our community
- Increase awareness of community theatre and its benefits
- Expand quality programming
- Improve the theatre facility in order to enhance production quality and better support ancillary activities such as rehearsal and workshops
- Maintain strong management of the theatre
- Maintain financial stability
- Ensure the long-term financial integrity of the theatre by raising sufficient funds to improve the building and create an endowment to support its operation
The Art Theatre, formally known as New Mills Empire and Hippodrome (1911) and also The Art Picture Playhouse (1922) was built in June 1911 to bring amateur theatre to New Mills town, and Districts throughout the High Peak in Derbyshire.
The Art Theatre runs weekly with a variety of productions throughout the year.
Throughout its long history, the Art Theatre has benefited from a wonderful outpouring of community support. In return, the Theatre has offered enriching entertainment and educational opportunities for the residents of New Mills and District.